How To Avoid Being Phished
As with keeping your computer healthy, the keys are awareness and prevention, and it really is quite simple.
Just follow these steps:
- Protect your computer against malware, to help limit your exposure if you get phished.
- Use an up-to-date internet browser that includes anti-phishing functions - it's never perfect, but you'll get an extra layer of protection.
- Use a spam filter for your email - a large proportion of phishing attempts are delivered through spam email.
- Be skeptical - if an email or webpage offer sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
- Be vigilant - the organizations you trust (banks, governments, institutions) will not ask you to confirm your personal or private data through email.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.