Locate a Lost Device
It's frustrating when you can't find your mobile device and it's especially nerve-wracking when you realize you have no recovery apps installed on your device. However, you might not need an app to recover your device. Today's devices come with some neat features enabled. Here is what you need if want to track your device with no tracking app installed:
- on Android devices: have Internet access and your Google account logged on your device
- on Apple devices: have Internet access and your ICloud account logged on your device
You can find step by step guidance to locate your Android or Apple device here:
- Android: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491
- Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201472
If you're considering installing an app, here are a few nice free programs that were designed to relocate your device:
- Lost Android features include: read, send and receive SMS messages, wipe phone, lock phone, erase SD card, locate by GPS or network, start alarm with flashing screen etc.
- Find iDevices can play sound, connects to iCloud server directly (no browsers involved). can display device located time stamp and battery percentage, can select map view type (Normal/Satellite/Terrain view).
- xFi Locator This app will locate and perform real-time location tracking of iOS devices as well as Android devices.
Published on and maintained in Cascade.